GETTYSBURG, Va. – Host Gettysburg College continued its strong volleyball season with a 3-1 non-league victory over Shenandoah Tuesday night.
The Bullets (16-5) won at 12 and 11 in the opening two sets before Shenandoah (8-13) answered with a 26-24 victory in the third. GC then clinched the win with a 25-11 triumph in the fourth.
Set scores: 12-25, 11-25, 26-24, 11-25
After trading the lead twice in the opening four points of the match, Gettysburg took control of the first set with a 9-3 run to take a 12-7 lead following a pair of Hornets attack errors.
The second set went in much the same manner, with GC reeling off a 7-2 run to take a lead it would not relinquish.
Shenandoah battled back in the third, scoring six of the final eight points to earn the win, before Gettysburg led wire-to-wire in the fourth.
Nicole Shannon 17, Harris 12
Shenandoah continues out-of-conference play Wednesday evening with a 7:30 match at Notre Dame (Md.)
- Gettysburg hit .227 with 45 kills against 18 errors in 119 attempts
- Shenandoah had 33 errors and 29 kills in 135 attempts
- The Bullets had were 60 percent on sides out
- SU was 36 percent on side out serves
- Gettysburg is 6-1 over the Hornets since 1995 and has won five straight