Oct 11, 2018
Set scores: 25-23, 18-25, 16-25, 18-25
Roanoke rebounded from the two point loss in the first set to seize control in the second and led throughout the third and fourth.
- Roanoke leads the all-time series 19-3 and has won 14 of the last 15
- Shenandoah was a 3-0 winner over the Maroons on October 21, 2017 for what turned out to be the Hornets final victory ever in Shingleton Gymnasium
- Tonight's match was the Hornets Dig Pink event and addition to raising funds for the Side Out Foundation, senior Caylin Harris and her mother donated hair to "Locks of Love".
- Shenandoah hit .071 with 41 kills and 29 errors in 169 attempts
- Roanoke hit .206 with 57 kills and 23 errors in 165 attempts
- SU had a 66 percent on sides out in the opening set but did not crack 41 percent in sets two through four
- Roanoke was 60 percent on sides out
- The two teams were tied a combined 10 times and traded the lead three times in the opening two sets but had just one tie and one lead change in sets three and four