WINCHESTER, Va. – The Shenandoah University volleyball team earned win No. 8 on the season with a 3-0 non-league shutout over Gallaudet Tuesday evening at the Wilkins Center.
Shenandoah (8-10) swept the Bison at 23, 10 and 19 to win for the fifth straight time in its new home versus non-league opponents.
Set scores: 25-23, 25-10,25-19
After the two teams were tied on 12 occasions and traded the lead five times in the first set, Shenandoah led wire-to-wire in the second to take the commanding 2-0 lead. The Bison (11-12) tied the match seven times and traded the lead two more times in the third before SU pulled away.
Nicole Shannon 19, Harris 18, Hillyard 10
- The win is the Hornets fifth straight in the Wilkins Center over non-conference opponents
- SU is now 3-4 versus Gallaudet since 2004 with three wins in the last four meetings
- The Hornets hit .222 on the night with 38 kills against 12 errors in 117 attemts
- Shenandoah was 61 percent side out serves, including 80 percent (8-of-10) in the second set
- Gallaudet hit .048 on the day (30-24-126)