Shenandoah (7-8, 2-3 ODAC) found itself a 2-1 hole after Ferrum (7-9, 0-5) sandwiched 26-24 and 25-23 victories in the first and third sets around a 25-19 SU win in the second, but rallied for the win.
Coach Jaime Terenzi's club was a 25-14 victor in the fourth before closing the Panthers out with a 15-7 win in the fifth.
The five-set win is the second in a week for the club after dropping its first four five-set matches of the season.
- The win over Ferrum is the 21st for the Hornets since 1993
- SU and Ferrum were shared membership in the USA South Conference from 1993 thru 2011
- Shenandoah has now won seven straight over the Panthers
- Tuesday's win over Ferrum was the programs first on the FC campus since 2011
- The Hornets hit .226 for the match with 62 kills against 26 errors in 159 attempts