WINCHESTER, Va. – The Shenandoah University volleyball team earned its fifth win of the season Wednesday night with a 3-2 victory over Penn St. – Altoona.
Shenandoah (5-8) rallied from a 2-1 deficit to the Lions (3-11) with a 25-22 victory in the fourth set before winning it 15-11 in the fifth.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Set scores: 25-20, 14-25, 21-25, 25-22, 15-11
- Shenandoah hit a match-high .300 (7-1-20) in the fifth set
- The Hornets had 66 percent, 54 percent and 63 percent side out percentages in their three set victories
- Shenandoah is now 5-1 lifetime versus PSU-Altoona and has won four straight over the Lions
- This is the Hornets first-ever win at the Wilkins Center in its the north/south court configuration
- The win is the first for SU this season in a five-set match