CRESSON, Pa. – Host Mount Aloysius rallied for a 3-2 non-league volleyball victory over Shenandoah University Thursday evening.
Shenandoah (4-7) was one set from victory thanks to 25-14 and 25-19 wins in sets two and three but saw Mount (6-8) win 25-15 in the fourth and 15-6 in the fifth to escape with the win.
- Set scores: 25-21, 14-25, 19-25, 25-15, 15-6
- Mount Aloysius hit .391, .433 and .500 in its three set wins versus .162 and .132 in its two losses
- The Hornets hit a match-best .394 in the second set with 16 kills against three errors in 33 attempts
Nicole Shannon 21, Hillyard 19, Harris 11, Lien 10
- This was the seventh all-time volleyball matchup between the two schools with SU now holding a 4-3 edge in the all-time series
- The two teams have split the last four matches with the home team winning each time
- Mount was a 3-2 winner in the 2016 matchup
- This is the second straight match that Shenandoah has fallen 3-2