WINCHESTER, Va. – The Shenandoah University women's volleyball team celebrated its first-ever quad match Saturday in the James R. Wilkins, Jr. Athletics & Events Center with three 3-0 victories.
Shenandoah (4-5) opened with a sweep over Pitt-Greensburg before turning the same trick on both Marywood (3-4) and Wilson (1-7).
The UPG win for SU is the Hornets first-ever in the Wilkins Center. The Hornets downed the Bobcats (0-9) at 13, 11 and 9 in earning the sweep.
In the Marywood match, Shenandoah won at 20, 23 and 22 before taking out the Phoenix at 20, 13 and 15.
MATCH ONE NOTES
- Set scores: 25-13, 25-11, 25-9
- This was the first-ever volleyball victory for SU in the Wilkins Center
- Shenandoah hit .321 with 33 kills against eight errors in 78 attempts
- Caylin Harris had a match-high nine kills
- Megan Hillyard had 21 of the Hornets 32 assists
- Nicole Shannon led the defense with 11 digs
MATCH TWO NOTES
- Set scores: 25-20, 25-23, 25-22
- Shenandoah had 33 kills for the second straight match
- Sabrina Semo had a team-high eight kills with Hannah Lien adding seven and Harris six
- Megan Hillyard had 27 assists
- Nicole Shannon led the defense again with 21 digs
- Lien added 11 digs
MATCH THREE NOTES
- Set scores: 25-20, 25-13, 25-15
- Shenandoah had 37 kills and hit .174 for the match
- Emily Cheatwood had a match-high 15 kills
- Megan Hillyard again ran the offense with 29 assists
- Shannon had 23 digs and Harris 21
Following the completion of play today, SU hosts Catholic on Tuesday in a 7 p.m. non-league matchup in the Wilkins Center.