WINCHESTER, Va. – Visiting Washington and Lee opened up the 2018 ODAC volleyball slate with a 3-1 victory over Shenandoah University Tuesday night at the James R. Wilkins, Jr. Athletics & Events Center.
Shenandoah (1-5, 0-1 ODAC) was a 25-20 winner in the opening set only to see W&L (3-5, 1-0) win at 16, 13 and 16 to claim the victory.
- Set scores: 25-20, 16-25, 13-25, 16-25
- Shenandoah took the opening set 25-20 after hitting .176 to the Generals .044
- Hannah Lien and Emily Cheatwood had five kills each in the opening set
- Washington and Lee answered with a 25-16 win in the second
- W&L hit .132 in the second to -.025 for the Hornets
- Cheatwood paced SU with three kills in the second set
- The Generals were 25-13 winners in the third thanks to a .370 hitting performance
- Cheatwood again led SU; this time she had four kills
- W&L hit a match-high .448 in the fourth to close out the match
- Cheatwood 13
- Caylin Harris 11
Shenandoah continues this homestand on Saturday with a quad match versus Marywood, Pitt-Greensburg and Wilson. Play begins at noon.
Washington and Lee has won 15 straight over the Hornets dating back to the 1993 season