WINCHESTER, Va. - The Shenandoah University women's soccer team earned its third straight win Tuesday with a 5-0 whitewash over Eastern Mennonite.
HOW IT HAPPENED
21′ | Freshman Bella Infuso received a Yergin pass through traffic, her shot went to the left post past EMU keeper, Leah Wenger, to give the Hornets the early 2-0 lead.
65′ | Rebecca Collimore's shot bounced off the right post into the back of the net. Infuso was credited with the assist.
QUOTES FROM COACH
"We had an impressive evening up top with the attack," head coach Liz Pike said. "The women moved the ball well with a good speed of play. We are in that grind of the season and are moving on to preparing for Lynchburg on Saturday."
The women's soccer team travels to Lynchburg Saturday, October 20 for a 5 p.m. matchup.
- Shenandoah dominated possession and outshot the Royals 26-7.
- Thirteen of Shenandoah's shots were on goal.
- SU had the advantage in corners 12-2.
- Tonight's win is the third win in a row over ODAC compeition.
- Emily Yergin has 47 career goals, five away from breaking the program record.
- Tonight's win marks the 7th in a row over EMU. SU holds a 7-4 record over the Royals.
- The win puts SU on the brink of clinching a spot in the ODAC Tournament. Shenandoah can clinch with one more point in any of its last three games or a Guilford loss in one of the Quakers four remaining contests.