WINCHESTER, Va. – Visiting Roanoke College shot 70 percent in the second half to pull away from host Shenandoah and earn a 65-45 ODAC women's basketball victory Saturday afternoon at the James R. Wilkins, Jr. Athletics & Events Center.
Shenandoah (8-10, 4-7) was 8-for-23 (35 percent) over that same span.
After the Maroons took a 14-11 lead after one, the visitors doubled their advantage by halftime by scoring the final three points of the second.
The Maroons scored eight straight points in a 2:07 span, pushing their lead out to 10 points by the 5:27 mark.
SU would get no closer than seven points the rest of the way and Roanoke sealed the win with a 10-3 run to start the fourth.
- Roanoke leads the all-time series 6-4
- Shenandoah shot 36 percent for the game (16-of-44)
- Roanoke shot 51 percent (26-of-51)
- The Hornets had a 32-28 advantage on the glass
- Shannon Kuhn paced the hosts with 14 points
- Ayanna Scarborough led the visitors with 20 while Kristina Harrel added 15 and Renee Alquiza 10
- The Roanoke bench outscored SU 26-14