The Marlins led virtually wire-to-wire, taking the lead on a Jordan White 3-pointer with 12:40 to play. White's bucket started a 13-3 run that pushed the VWU lead to points, 28-18, with 8:44 remaining.
Shenandoah was able to cut its deficit to two points, 49-47, with 16:32 remaining following a Jaylen Williams layup only to see VWU score the game's next eight points and basically seal the victory.
The Marlins lead did not dip below eight points the rest of the way.
Chaney also had 13 rebounds.
Shenandoah completes its season on Saturday with a 2 p.m. home game versus Randolph.
- Virginia Wesleyan has won all 22 lifetime matchups versus Shenandoah
- Shenandoah shot 38 percent (26-of-38)
- Virginia Wesleyan shot 43 percent (28-of-65)
- Virginia Wesleyan had a 49-38 advantage on the glass
- Shenandoah outscored VWU 40-28 in the paint
- The two teams split 42 bench points