SU jumped to a 44-25 halftime thanks to six 3-pointers and a 10-of-13 performance (77 percent) from the free throw line.
Shenandoah, which was held scoreless for the initial 3:04 of the second, never let its lead fall below 11 points to close out the game.
With FC trailing by 12, 55-43, following a 3-pointer at 12:24, the Hornets reeled off an 11-3 run over the next 3:51 to extend their lead back out to 20 points and seal the victory.
Behind 26 points and 16 rebounds from junior Christopher Chaney, 12 points from Alan Dabney and Jason Tate and 11 points from Jaylen Williams, SU earned its 19th victory in 47 lifetime meetings with Ferrum.
Chaney 26, Tate 12, Dabney 12, Williams 11
Chaney 3, Williams 3
- Shenandoah won for the first time at Ferrum since January 16, 2010.
- SU shot 41 percent (26-of-64)
- The Hornets had a 50-43 edge on the glass
- Shenandoah was 20-of-30 from line (67 percent)
- This is the seventh straight game at Chaney has led SU in scoring