Schroeder, who scored 32 and 31 points versus Shenandoah (4-9, 0-5) last season, scored 29 of his 40 points following the break to end any thoughts of an SU comeback.
SU would get no closer than eight points the rest of the way and Lynchburg closed out the game on an 11-5 run.
Schroeder had seven of Lynchburg's 14 points in that decisive run. He finished his night 17-of-22 from the field (3-for-6 from behind the arc) and 3-of-4 from the line.
Chaney led the hosts in scoring for the fifth straight game. He had 23 points and a career-high 20 rebounds.
Chaney 23, Jaylen Williams 21
Williams 3, Jarrett 3
- Lynchburg won for the 12th time in the last 15 meetings versus Shenandoah
- Shenandoah shot 39 percent (25-of-64) from the field
- SU was 15-of-24 from the line (63 percent)
- Lynchburg shot 54 percent (35-of-65)
- Lynchburg pulled down 45 of the game's 81 rebounds