HARRISONBURG, Va. – Host Eastern Mennonite combined an excellent shooting night with a strong performance on the glass to key a 92-72 ODAC men's basketball victory over Shenandoah University Wednesday evening.
The Royals, who saw four of their five starters score in double figures, led 45-29 at the break.
Eastern Mennonite pulled down 54 of the game's 91 rebounds.
SU struggled from the field, shooting 39 percent (29-of-74), and missed 14 of 24 free throw attempts in falling to EMU for the 13th time in the last 14 meetings.
The second half was virtually even as both teams shot 47 percent from the field and Eastern Mennonite outscoring the Hornets by just four, 47-43.
- Eastern Mennonite leads the all-time series 16-10 over Shenandoah
- EMU has won 13 of the last 14 matchups between the two programs
- SU shot 39 percent (29-of-74) from the field and 17 percent (4-of-24) from behind the arc
- Eastern Mennonite shot 53 percent (36-of-68)
- The Royals had a 54-37 advantage on the glass
- EMU had a 66-46 advantage on points in the paint and 38-21 on fastbreak points