CRESSON, Pa. – Homestanding Mount Aloysius used a strong start to the second half to key an 88-70 non-league men's basketball victory over Shenandoah University Monday evening.
MAC (1-0) evened the all-time series at 1-1 with the season opening victory over Shenandoah (0-1).
HOW IT HAPPENED
After the two teams traded the lead four times in the initial seven minutes of the contest, the Mounties ripped off a 15-3 run from the 14:01 to 8:47 marks of the first half to take a lead they would not relinquish.
Alan Dabney, who led the Hornets with 13 points, ended that run with a layup at the 8:11 mark.
Mount took a 41-29 lead into the break.
The Mounties erased all doubt by scoring 21 of the first 30 points of the second. Their lead reached 34 points before Shenandoah ended the game on a 28-12 run.
SU STATS LEADERS
Dabney, Jalyn Jarrett 3
Shenandoah travels to St. Mary's of Maryland on Thursday for a 7 p.m. non-league contest.
- This was the Hornets first-ever trip to Mount Aloysius for a men's basketball game
- The two teams have split the two games in the all-time series with each winning on its own home floor
- Shenandoah shot 19-for-66, 29 percent
- Mount Aloysius shot 30-of-65, 46 percent
- The two teams split 82 rebounds