At the end of a scoreless regulation, SU (15-4) and W&L (8-10) sent out their overtime squads but the Hornets had the only two scoring opportunities of the sudden victory period. Maddie Price connected on the second shot to send Shenandoah to its second-ever ODAC Championship game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
73:18 | Kayla Alderman crossed the ball from the right side of the semi-circle into a cluster. Maddie Price tracked down the ball and her first touch found the back of the net, just inside the left post.
QUOTES FROM COACH
"We knew this game would be physical and everyone would need to give it their all to walk away with a win," head coach Ashley Smeltzer-Kraft said. "The women came to play, they were persistent and battled through adversity the entire match. I am proud of this team and we are excited to be back in the championship game."
- SU outshot W&L 10-6.
- SU had the advantage in penalty corners 5-3 with four in the second half.
- Isabella Morande made four saves in her fifth shutout of the year.
- SU is now 3-2 in the postseason against W&L. The Blue and White own the overall series record 7-6.
- Shenandoah is now 4-0 this season in overtime with wins over Stevenson, Bridgewater, Randolph-Macon and W&L.
- Saturday's appearance in the championship is the second-ever for the program. SU won the 2016 championship over W&L in a game played at Lynchburg.