Shenandoah (14-4, 6-2 ODAC) set a new program record for wins in a season with the victory over the Marlins (6-8, 3-5).
HOW IT HAPPENED
3' | Kelsey Jones scores unassisted
41' | Taylor Hayes scores unassisted for what proves to be game-winner
34' | Julie Fassl scores off of an Emma Walsh feed on a penalty corner
"We knew going into the game we needed to win to secure second place and the bye into the semi-finals," head coach Ashley Smeltzer-Kraft said. "Everyone pulled together to focus, left it all on the field and executed our game plan as a team. We are excited for the week to prepare for the ODAC Semifinals and a chance to play for another ODAC title."
- Shenandoah sets a new program record with its 14th win, breaking the mark originally set in 2016.
- This is the second time in program history that SU has earned the quarterfinal round bye
- The last time the ODAC Tournament was hosted by Lynchburg, SU came out of it with its first-ever championship
- Virginia Wesleyan outshot SU 17-13
- The Marlins had a 14-8 edge in penalty corners
- Isabella Morande had nine saves