Bauserman, a two-time first team All-ODAC honoree, went out in style in his final home game in a Shenandoah uniform, throwing for a school-record 578 yards and eight touchdowns on 45 completions in 61 attempts to give SU (4-5, 2-4 ODAC) the win over the Quakers (3-5, 2-4).
Bauserman now has 129 career TD passes, breaking the record previously held by Guilford's Josh Vogelbach.
The Hornets never trailed, scoring 21 of the game's initial 24 points, but had to battle until the final drive of the game as GC put up 677 yards in total offense and scored 27 points in the final stanza.
The two teams combined for 109 points, 61 first downs and 1302 yards of offense in a contest that took nearly 3.5 hours to complete.
Leading 55-40, Shenandoah finally put the game away with a 22-yard Bauserman to Brant Butler TD to put the Hornets up by 22 with 2:48 remaining.
Guilford answered with a 5-play, 63-yard drive in just 92 seconds to cut the deficit to 15 points, 62-47, but was unsuccessful on its ensuing on-side kick.
With the Quakers out of time-outs, Shenandoah ran one running play before taking a knee to run out the clock.
Bauserman hit 10 different receivers with Stewart grabbing nine balls for 166 yards and three touchdowns and Jalen Hudson eight receptions for 143 yards and two TDs. Stewart's touchdown catches went for 33, 35 and 14 yards.
Seven of Bauserman's eight TDs were for 13 yards or better and four were for more than 20 yards.
Shenandoah gave up 677 yards, including 546 through the air, but picked off GC quarterback Alex Manley four times including twice in the end zone.
SU also held De'Eric Bell to 71 yards rushing and tackled him for 21 yards in losses.
"I am proud of our team for hanging together through some tough weeks and finding a way to win," head coach Scott Yoder said. "It was nice to have this win on senior day."
- Bauserman is now No. 1 all-time in the ODAC in touchdown passes and No. 2 in passing yards, attempts and completions
- The eight TDs ties the ODAC mark set by Josh Vogelbach in 2007 versus Southern Virginia
- Bauserman's 578 yards passing is a new school record and is the fourth best performance in league history
- Casey Stewart three TD receptions gives him a record-tying 14 this season
- Guilford leads the all-time series 4-3 and the home team has won six consecutive games in the series
- Today's game was the highest scoring contest in the 18-year history of Sprint Field at Shentel Stadium