Summer Series 2012
WINCHESTER, Va. - Beginning one week from day, the Shenandoah University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will be taking a look back as part of its fourth annual 'summer series'.
This series starts with a look at the Top 10 moments from the 2011-12 athletic year, continues with the announcements of recruiting classes for each of the 20 intercollegiate teams and concludes with the publishing of the 2012 football preview on July 30.
The Top 10 list runs from June 21 through July 6 before football leads off the recruiting announcements on July 10. One program a day will release its recruiting class with baseball anchoring the segment with its class announcement on July 27.
From the opening cross country meet at Kernstown Battlefield on September 1 through Amy Smith competing at the NCAA National Championships in the steeplechase, the Shenandoah University Intercollegiate Athletics Department had a great deal to be proud of in 2011-12. The summer series is our annual attempt to capture the best moments of the past year as well as looking forward to next season.
- June 21: No. 10 - First Steps in the ODAC
- June 22: No. 9 - Breakthrough Seasons
- June 25: No. 8 - Amy Qualifies
- June 26: No. 7 - Softball Ranked
- June 27: No. 6 - Women's Lax Record-Breaking Season
- June 28: No. 5 - Rico Wallace
- June 29: Goodbye to the USA South Feature
- July 1: Welcome to the ODAC Feature
- July 3: No. 4 - Student-Athletes Make the Grade
- July 4: No. 3 - Change in Leadership
- July 5: No. 2 - Baseball
- July 6: Best of the Rest
- July 9: No. 1 - Women's Soccer Wins Championship
- July 10: Football
- July 11: Volleyball
- July 12: Women's Soccer
- July 13: Men's Soccer
- July 16: Cross Country/Track
- July 17: Golf
- July 18: Field Hockey
- July 19: Men's Hoops
- July 20: Women's Hoops
- July 23: Men's Lacrosse
- July 24: Women's Lacrosse
- July 25: Men's and Women's Tennis
- July 26: Softball
- July 27: Baseball